Forestry Machinary and Off-road Vehicles
The problem presented to Smarteq by Skogforsk (a Swedish institute for forest connected research) was to improve the conditions for communication to and from heavy vehicles working in remote forest areas with poor connectivity. The Smarteq R&D team realized that the antenna to be developed needed a low profile and flexible configurations.
Working with KTH (Royal Institute of Technology in Stockholm), Skogforsk, Stora-Enso, Sveaskog, SP Statens Forskningsinstitut as well as John Deere, Smarteq developed the antenna LPCA. This antenna is second to none since it has multi functionalities and the mechanical design ensures that it cannot be damaged by trees and branches which easily can cut of ordinary rods which up to now has been the preferred solution.
Today, forest machinery is a high-tech business – if you loose connectivity, you loose business. Among the customers who have chosen Smarteq’s low profile solution are John Deere, Komatsu Forest, Ponsse and Ecolog.
- Extremely rough environment
- Reliable connectivity is safety critical
- High tech business with very high demands on performance
- If you loose connectivity, you loose business
- Smarteq developed the high performing LPCA antenna platform – Low profile, no rod. Also in combination with Alldisc.
- Extremely robust design put to the test on a daily basis
- Proved high performance
- Combination antenna.
- Customized solutions possible to fulfill every need